Sunday, July 22, 2012

Reflections From Sunday Evening

Today Cindy and I worshipped in Atlanta, Ga. and Leawood, Ks. North Point Community Church and the United Methodist Church of the Resurrection each provide live video stream of their Sunday service. I heard two good messages. There was good music in each place. I even registered my attendance with COR today! It is a great service to offer. However, I'm not ready to make video worship my preferred experience. I miss interaction with people. I find it difficult to look on and not participate. I could go on for sometime discussing the pro's and con's of online church. It is something to consider. There are amazing possibilities. We'll see. I find it hard to substitude for face to face interaction. There is something to be said for singing, praying and sitting together in worship. I suppose it is the "high tech" and/or "high/touch" idea. I want to be as high tech as possible. Amazing things can happen. What I really feel committed to is being high touch. This is where ministry takes place for me. It is the high touch of grace. of love of kindness of compassion of mercy of forgiveness of hope of peach of patience of preaching of worship of joy of faith It's been a good day. I hope you've had a good day too. steve

No comments: