Sunday, March 20, 2011

Reflections From Sunday Evening

We had a great day at church. Ginger did a super job with the message on Jesus washing the disciples' feet. I trust we were all inspired to serve as Jesus has served us.

Several years ago I came across a concept reading a book by Leonard Sweet. He was taking us from the "Iron Rule" - an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth. He got to the "Golden Rule" - do unto others as you would have others do unto you. He suggested another rule - the "Platinum Rule" - do unto others as they would have you do unto them. (The business principle is treat your customers like they desire to be treated - not a bad Christian concept.) He had a final rule - The "Titanium Rule" - Do unto others as Jesus has done unto you! That is an amazing idea. What if we went out and treated other people like Jesus has treated us - grace - mercy - forgiveness - blessing - encouragement - peace - compasssion - justly - I suppose the list could go on for a long time.

Could this be something Jesus had in mind when he finished washing the disciples' feet and reminded them "you call me teacher and Lord and that is what I am. Now as I have done for you go and do for others."

It was a great reminder today. It's been a good day. I hope you've had a good day too.

No comments: