Sunday, January 24, 2010

Reflections From Sunday Evening

Well one team is in the Super Bowl. The Colts fended off the Pesky J-E-T-S Jets, Jets, Jets. Now we will see if the Saints or Vikings will join them in the big game.
While the football game was fun to watch the best part of my day was church this morning. It was just alive with the Spirit. I just cannot say enough about the music. It is inspiring, uplifting and relevant. Each service offers music that truly puts me in touch with God. The Psalmist says, "God inhabits the praises of His people." Absolutely true.
An insight from our scripture keeps encouraging me. The text in Rev. 21:1-5 includes the phrase, "and there was no more sea." In the ancient world the sea represented chaos and fear. It was the place where monstors lived. In Revelation the sea is the place from where the Beast arises to combat.
The Beast represents all that would align itself against God, God's people and God's purposes.
The good news is that "there is no more sea." The vision of life that God holds out for us to glimpse, pursue and experience is one of fullness and abundance. That is good news. Furthermore, you are invited.
I'll guess I watch this next football game. It could be a good one - exciting. But it really can't beat spending time with the Living God.
It's been a good day. I hope you've had a good day too.
blessings.
steve

No comments: