Sunday, November 10, 2019

Reflections From Sunday Evening

I’ve been thinking about prayer. When I reflect on my prayers I realize much of what I was taught about prayer in childhood continues to help today. I feel a bit encouraged by child like faith being lived day to day.
I also realize that often my prayers seem like prayers for a project. There is nothing wrong with praying for projects, unless you reduce people to projects.
My thoughts are, rather than praying for projects I can learn to pray on and with purpose. God is purposeful.
God has purpose for creation.
God has purpose for your life.
God is resolute in His divine purposes.
With that in mind, how would praying with purpose inform your prayers?
By the way, I don’t have an answer to this. I continue to make new discoveries about the spiritual life, especially prayer.
I think I’m on to something here. Looking forward to finding out what !
It’s been a good day. I hope you’ve had a good day too.
steve

No comments: