Sunday, March 3, 2019

Reflections From Sunday Evening

Well, that is only about 9 weekends with bad weather! Still, we had a hearty group out this morning, twice our usual Saturday night crowd and more live stream viewers than ever. So, the Gospel was shared and we worshipped. Signs of the times.
On another note...it has been a challenging week for our United Methodist family. I will give an update tomorrow (Monday) evening at 7:00. It is meant to attempt to walk through the General Conference experience and help see where we are.
On another note...I tend to frustrate people who want me to “take a stand” whether it is in the current debate or a host of other issues. For good or bad I am pastor to many different people with different needs, views, and hopes.
I do not try to “make a point” when we are talking about issues that touch on many people’s relationship with Jesus Christ. My point is the Cross. The Cross points up to God. The Cross points from heaven to earth. The Cross points to the corners of the earth. My point has been made. Now I seek to follow that point in love and holiness; with grace upon grace and the Spirit without limit; with the Fruit of the Spirit and spiritual gifts; in character and conduct. 
My point is to follow Jesus. 
On another note...Yesterday I caught a little bit of the Royals spring training game on the radio. Royals announcer Ryan Lefebvre pointed out that in Arizona it was 75 degrees. Recognizing the anticipated snow, wind, and cold coming to K. C.,  he went on to say, but with the windchill it is more like 74. 
Good days are coming.
It’s been a good day. I hope you’ve had a good day too.
Steve

No comments: