Sunday, October 15, 2017

Reflections From Sunday Evening

A special thanks to John Miller for speaking this weekend.  John is our Lay Leader and also serves as the NW District Lay Leader.  This represents the strong connection between clergy and laity that is essential for a church to serve the Lord and community.  John brought us a great message speaking of worship from the lay perspective.  Thanks John.
We do have a unique situation at Platte Woods.  We have a great staff that is responsible for managing the work of the church on a daily basis.  They do a great job.  At the same time we know that as staff our ministry is to serve Christ and the congregation.  Together we provide a witness that contributes to leading people to follow Jesus.
I had the opportunity to lead worship this weekend.  I am thankful for those who helped out with the Apostle's Creed today.  When it was time to start I couldn't think of the words.  I knew it was not "I pledge allegiance" but it took someone in the congregation to say "I believe".  You just never know...
On another note...can somebody tell me why I put myself through watching these Chiefs games?  Maybe the second half...
It's been a good day.  I hope you've had a good day too.
steve

No comments: