Sunday, May 4, 2014

Reflections From Sunday Evening

When I was a kid I used to listen to the Kansas City A's on my transistor radio. I listened night after night. I did not ever want to miss a game since the A's would only win 2 or 3 games a week all summer long. I did not want to ever miss it when they won! I could continue this line of thought and report that I am now watching the K.C. Royals on my nice TV as they continue to be non-competitive this weekend. But I won't go there. I will note something else I want to do regularly because I don't want to miss the latest "win." I have been preaching most weekends since the first part of the year. In these days "post Easter" it seems like a great time to step back and let you be blessed by our "young communicators!" So today I was not preaching. On Sunday's like this I often visit another church. It is always good to get new ideas and see how others do things. I was thinking about where I would like to worship today but kept coming back to my favorite church. I wanted to hear Curtis launch our new message series today. #pwcsharpening got things started. Maybe I was just ready to hear from the Lord today but I thought things were great. I just didn't want to miss something really good. And I didn't. #pwcsharpening - do you have 2 or 3 friends who you could tell anything to and not be judged? #pwcsharpening - if you are not being sharpened you are getting dull #pwcsharpening - what sharpens you I trust many of you felt "sharpened" today. In case you are thinking about other ways to get sharpened...Pray - Bible - worship - witness - share It's bent a good day. -- Royals just got their first hit! I hope you've had a good day too. steve

No comments: