Sunday, August 19, 2012

Reflections From Sunday Evening

40 years ago today I married Cynthia Grizzell. Cindy and I are sitting here being grateful that God brought us together and has given us such a blessed life. It does seem a bit strange that we have been together for so long - but we don't really feel that old. The kids surprised us last night. I never saw it coming. A super evening with family and friends that I had no idea was going to happen. Thanks guys - it was a blessing. Later we are heading out for our anniversary dinner. Great day. As we have often done in these years together we spent the morning at church followed by lunch and a learning time with Rev. Doug Anderson. Very grateful for the place the church plays in our life. Thanks to Doug Anderson for being here to preach today. He said it was his anniversary gift to us! He did a wonderful job inspiring us about Radical Hospitality. Now for what's coming up. Next week I finish the series on Love Walks (yes, I do still preach here!) by sharing "The Catch." I preached this message on Sunday night a couple of weeks ago and look forward to sharing next weekend. On Labor Day weekend we will think about our "Culture of Call" and I will share some thoughts about responding to the Nudge of God. In September we kick off a series called "How to Find Fault With Others." More to come on that one! So it's been a good day. I hope you've had a good day too. steve

No comments: