Monday, January 31, 2011

Reflections From Sunday Evening (Monday this week)

Bracing for a highly probable winter storm. Since I've been pretty much wrong on everything we've done on snowy days so far this winter I've decided to "err" on the side of keeping people home instead of trying to keep things going as usual at church. (Unless of course we are talking about Sunday morning - simply won't give it!) So ... we've canceled this evening's activities and are closing the church tomorrow. We'll see.

It does give me a moment to continue to reflect on a really good weekend. The attendance was good and the Spirit was alive! I keep thinking about an idea that surfaced in the context of our text: "I (Jesus) am the Way, the Truth, and the Life. No one comes to the Father except through me." (John 14:6)

The idea is this - when we get hold of an exclusive claim such as Jesus makes we tend to reduce it to a more and more narrow form until it becomes a pinpoint. The same truth in the hands of Jesus explodes into a universally redemptive hope. Just thinking ...

It's been a good day. I hope you've had a good day too.

No comments: