Sunday, June 27, 2010

Reflections From Sunday Evening

I've appreciated Curtis and Angie sharing their experience of our Wesleyan heritage through the "I Am Not Ashamed" series. I heard good comments from others. It is good to discover from where we've come. Thanks.

Royals take 2 out of 3 from Cards - yeah)

Having a restful weekend. Enjoyed being a participant in worship today. Had an opportunity to share with some potential new members in our "Engage" class. Really enjoyed the Mission Brunch today.

I've been trying to watch and listen lately. The results are that we at PWUMC are really blessed with tremendously gifted people. I am so grateful to each and every one who serves, prays, gives and supports the work of God through our church.

I have another observation that goes with this. We have a vast resource of tremendously gifted people who are yet to discover their place in serving here at PWUMC. We can all pray that others discover their place in God's purposes here. Some may need to open their heart and mind to new possibilities of involvement and service. I encourage you to do so.

The obvious outcome of more and more people discovering what God is calling them to do is increased fruitfulness in and through the ministries of our church. Opening our hearts to what God is up to these days will bring us new and fresh encouragement.

As we look ahead may we see the work of God abounding in our midst. Together we are in for an exciting, encouraging and inspiring season in our life of grace.

It's been a good day. I hope you've had a good day too.

No comments: