Sunday, June 20, 2010

Reflections From Sunday Evening

It's been a really cool weekend. I have a good friend who recently told me the day of his daughter's wedding was the best day of his life. I've pondered that for a couple of weeks. I have to say one's daugher's wedding day is amazing! We feel so blessed in sharing with Andrea and Marcus as they begin a new life together.
On Saturday at noon a storm blew through K.C. The wedding was scheduled for 8:00 and was outdoors. At 12:00 the wind was blowing, the sky was dark and the rain was pouring -- Andrea's reaction -- Excitement! The night before she'd asked her friends to pray for rain tomorrow - to cool things down and then pass through. She knew things were looking good! Just how it happened.
It was such a blessing to see people from so many different places and times in our lives gathered together. There were friends from Blue Springs, Raymore, Joplin and K.C. We saw those "kids" that went to high school with Andrea that we had so many great times with. (It is still "Mama Breon" to the boys.) We got to meet new friends from Texas, Kansas and so many neat people that Marcus brings to our lives. It was an amazing gathering.
Our families were all there. How thankful we are for that.
Andrea asked me to be dad and pastor - that's asking a lot kid! But I was thrilled to do so. It was emotional but I must say genuine and sincere.
The essence of what I wanted to share with Marcus and Andrea was that Cindy and I had been praying for Marcus long before we met. From the earliest days I have prayed for "those our kids were someday love and marry." Marcus is an answer to prayer. I think that's pretty neat. I also have been (and will keep doing so) praying for Christians through the generations. From great-grandparents to great-grandchildren God is alive through the generations of our lives. I rejoice that Andrea and Marcus are part of God's grace in our families.
I could tell stories and keep going for hours. For now I think I'll just say now I get the idea of what my friend said about his daughter's wedding day being the best day of his life.
It's been a good day. I hope you've had a good day too.
blessings,
steve

No comments: