Sunday, August 16, 2009

Reflections From Sunday Evening

Brody Smith told me I mentioned "Christ" 54 times in the sermon this morning. Too repetitive or Christ-centered? Humor me a moment and allow me to consider it Christ-centered.

  • Some are exploring Christ - some are growing in Christ - some are close to Christ - some are becoming Christ-centered (that's all Willow Creek stuff but it is good).
  • Some are walking away from Christ - Some stopping at the impulse of Christ - some turning to Christ - some walking to Christ - Some walking with Christ - Some walking in Christ.
  • Christ calls us to follow - Christ desires our life - Christ calls us to join him.
That's 16 times in a couple of minutes - he's probably right.

Now if I can only back up my "talk" about Christ with actually living in Christ - the Christ-centered life.

This is our goal. It is a value to claim and pursue. To be Christ-centered forms a life where Jesus Christ is at the core of everything - Christ is the center of all our life. Christ is the power that holds all aspects of life together in the grace of God.

Well, I was glad to know I had something (SomeOne) to talk about today. I'm glad Brody was listening.

It's been a good day. I hope you've had a good day too.

No comments: