Sunday, February 15, 2009

Reflections From Sunday Evening

We like good food. Over 200 people enjoyed a great brunch in conjunction with our Mozambique emphasis.
The lunch out ladies were getting ready to head to lunch (I didn't know there was a Stephenson's open again.)
Others headed home for lunch together.
Some met up with family and friends to go to lunch.
Some stayed hungry.
Sunday dinner is a great theme for the Christian faith. We find what we need to sustain us. We enjoy fellowship. (sometimes this is better than the food!)
Sunday dinner has God's people getting together and enjoying one another. What makes the fellowship best is the presence of the risen Lord Jesus among us.
Today Jesus was with us. There was moving music. There this feeling that God stepped into our midst while we were together. He was there blessing the Mozambique meal. He was there when you went to lunch. He was there when you got home to eat. He was there. Furthermore he is here! It's been a good day. I hope you recognized the Lord with you today. I trust you will meet him this week. I hope you've had a good day. There is more to come with Christ among us.
steve

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I know I usually say this as we shake hands post service, but I was really moved by the sermon you delivered on Sunday. Pam and I changed our plans for Sunday School, and took the HS class to assist the Mozambique Brunch effort. It was a simple opportunity to plug the kids in, and they seemed impacted by the experience.

I came online looking for the book, and couldn't find it. Can you post the name of the book or send it to me? thanks...Jim Nelson

Steve Breon said...

A Long Way Gone: Memoirs of a boy soldier