Sunday, December 28, 2008

Reflections From Sunday Evening

This has been an amazing few days. Today Ginger preached a very engaging sermon! I found it encouraging to be reminded that we may have the opportunity to "start over" if need be! Not only was the sermon really good -- the youth band was super. These young people just started working on this a few months ago and here they were leading our church in worship. What talent! I really appreciate everyone who participates and those who give themselves so generously to bring out the best in our young people.

That is not all that keeps my heart thumping. I am still jazzed about Christmas Eve. We had a great evening. There is nothing like hearing the Christmas Story, singing the carols and lighting a candle. Each service was alive with the Spirit and well attended. I appreciate everyone who worked so hard to provide worship opportunities for over 1900 people.

As if our worship experiences were not enough about 20 people gathered at the church on Christmas morning and prepared Christmas dinner plates for 46 people who were working at convenience stores or other businesses that were open on Christmas Day. Somehow I think some of the younger children will remember this type of service as they grow up.

So the church has been alive and well in worship and service. God keeps blessing us abundantly.
We have had a really good year. We ended well. I'll be getting some information out about how we have done with attendance, finances and things like that but for now simply know God has been good. Now we get ready for the start of a brand new year. I'll be getting some thoughts together regarding what may be in store for us! I have a feeling God is going to keep the Spirit stirring and continue to refresh our souls.

It's been a good day. I hope you've had a good day -- and sense the Spirit of the Lord around you and in you.

No comments: