Sunday, December 7, 2008

Reflections From Sunday Evening

You missed it! At least if you weren't a parent or grandparent of one of our children in the music and arts program this afternoon, you missed it. Here is what you missed. A whole lot of smiles! A whole lot of joyful singing. Dancing. All you had to do was look into the faces of children and you saw something wonderful. Life. Love. Happiness. Joy. Excitement. I could use many other words but I think you get the point.

Personally I am glad I did not miss it. Along with many others I was able to catch a glimpse into the Gospel. I believe Jesus certainly knew what he was talking about when he commended the little children and told the disciples not to keep them from coming to be blessed.

When we gathered this afternoon we witnessed an extension of the joyful worship we had experienced all weekend. Candles lit -- worship in song -- prayers of the people -- the Word read and proclaimed. It was one of those days where you go home thinking I know God was there today. And then the children. Grace. Goodness. Gospel.

It was a good day. I hope you had a good day too.

No comments: