Sunday, June 30, 2019

Reflections From Sunday Evening

I have aspired to be an encourager of others in the spiritual life. Sometimes I have been able to see good fruit of attempts at encouragement. Far too often I have left people no better than where I met them.  I hope to do better.
Well, today I witnessed people serving Jesus and the church that I have encouraged.
Britton Fields is stepping into his call to preach with humility, confidence, and competence. It was a joy to be part of the PWUMC congregation and be blessed through Britton’s message.
I was further blessed at our Patriotic Service today. Some weeks ago I “encouraged” Mike Casey to be our speaker today. Frankly, it did not demand much arm twisting. I sensed the Holy Spirit leading and Mike embraced the opportunity.
Mike has been on our church staff for nearly 14 years. He makes sure our facility is in great shape. I cannot begin to list all Mike contributes to our ministry.
Mike is a veteran. He has served his nation. Today he shared his story as a person of faith.
Today I was greatly encouraged by some of those I hoped to encourage. Their encouragement of me far exceeds anything I have offered.
Let me encourage you to look for someone to encourage this week.
It’s been a good day. I hope you’ve had a good day too.
Steve

No comments: