Sunday, February 10, 2019

Reflections From Sunday Evening

I am sitting in our gathering space watching people enter the building for a special baptism service. We have a number of students in our confirmation class and some have not been baptized. Tonight is a special night. Young people will remember this experience all their lives. Their families will be grateful for God’s Grace. We invite members of our congregation to share in the moment.
I think about what we are getting ready for and I remember my own baptism. Pastor Louis Johnson baptized Jeff Lambert, Phillip Landers, Larry Kelly, and Steve Breon.
I remember. I watch others entering. Shortly we will celebrate baptism and professions of faith. Shortly we will join together and remember our baptism.
It’s been a good day. I hope you’ve had a good day too.
Steve

No comments: