Sunday, December 9, 2018

Reflections From Sunday Evening

A cold does not usually shut me down...except today. I realize preachers need to be able to talk and that was iffy today. So thanks to Jacob and Nancy for taking my responsibilities today.
It was not a wasted morning. I was at church in Atlanta and then joined Platte Woods on-line.
In early days in ministry we would record sermons on cassette tapes. We were doing that here a decade ago. At one church I was on radio. Those preachers who pioneered church on television were visionary. This media stuff seems to be here to stay.
Now churches are going live-stream, on demand, and podcast. To fail to leap into the digital age would be like having great radio when everyone is watching TV. We do not want to be an analogue church in a high def, digital age.
So I watched on-line this morning. The picture was great as was the sound. But of course, it was not like being there. The human touch is not displaced by technology. But technology is a wonderful asset for communicating the Gospel.
It’s been a (I could say so so day) but by grace even today has been a good day.  I hope you’ve had a good day too.
Steve

No comments: