Sunday, August 5, 2018

Reflections From Sunday Evening

We just got home from a weekend with family in St. Louis.  It is always fun to hang out with the "kids".  They took me to the art gallery!  Also visited the Cathedral Basilica.  Wow.  Took in some blues music. 
Something I really enjoyed was our trip to "Bridge Bread" on Cherokee Street.  Rev. Kathleen Wilder, pastor of Lafayette Park UMC, inspired this ministry with the homeless in their mission field.  They developed a great bakery that is continuing to expand.  They are aiding people to escape the streets and earn a living wage through Bridge Bread.  Check out their website, www.bridgebread.org.  Insipiring.
Today we worshiped at Morning Star UMC.  This is one of our fastest growing churches in Missouri.  It was great to be there.  Kudos to Keith Scarborough who preached today.  I had Keith in a class I taught.  He is a joy to be around and it was a blessing to worship with him today.
Well, that catches you up with me.  Tomorrow it is off to do some ministry with our conference board of Ordained Ministry.  I will be participating in a pilot project for clergy renewal. 
It's been a good day.  I hope you've had a good day too.
steve

No comments: