Sunday, March 18, 2018

Reflections From Sunday Evening

College basketball tournament time is in full force.  Rather than plop down in front of a tv and watch the NCAA Tournament this week I have hung out at Municipal Auditorium and watched the small schools (NAIA) play game after game after game. 
Several things stand out about this tournament.  What I really notice is the lack of stoppages of play.  There are no TV timeouts.  They do not review plays all the time.  There was only one time in four days a review took too long and got people antsy.  Games on TV last over 2 hours.  The NAIA schedule calls for games to be played in one hour and forty-five minutes.  Fast paced. 
Let me go back to the review thing.  This is just my opinion but replay reviews kill NFL games.  They do the same for NCAA Basketball.  I know people want go get things right but really....Should a game really hinge on whether or not the ball went off some guys fingernail even though some other guy forced it out....Oh well, enough of my rant on these things that really don't make much difference.
Let me go back - again- to the review thing.  It struck me.  I am certainly glad God does not do instant replays of my life looking for something to overturn.  God's review is not "instant replay" but through the lens of Jesus.  So even when I am out of bounds Jesus puts me exactly where I should be.  God is not in the business of overturning His favor.  God is in the business of granting us His favor.
Please do not get the idea that God is always looking for some way to call foul on you.  God is always looking for ways to give you life. 
So enjoy the games and if you get tired of watching another long review think of these small school young men playing for fun...game after game after game.
It's been a good day.  I hope you've had a good day too.
steve

No comments: