Sunday, June 19, 2016

Reflections From Sunday Evening

Father's Day. Thinking about dad and how grateful to be able to stop by and visit to this day. I think of sooooo many things about my dad. He took me to my first Big League baseball game. He was my biggest fan whether it was pee wee baseball, high school football, basketball, track or any other activity. He was discipline. He was encouragement. He was teacher. He has many stories that still bless me. He was always present in church. I may not have been sitting by him but he was always in view. He was example. He was provider. He was influencer. He was a (silent) cheerleader. He was there when I started preaching. He is still there - often physically, always in spirit. There is so much more my brother and I could say about our dad. But today it is Happy Father's Day. Thanks for all you are and have ever been. Now I better finish up. The kids will be here in a minute and I get to go get mom and dad for dinner. It's been a good day. I hope you've had a good day too. steve

No comments: