Sunday, November 16, 2014

I have noticed something in my devotional reading the week. I keep being sent to scriptures that I have been praying through over the last several months. One scripture referenced a passage I have been praying with regard to our building program. It fits with the idea of buildings honoring God. I Chronicles 29 give some interesting descriptions. How might this apply to what we are in the process of doing? I was directed to the passage in Ephesians talking about God doing abundantly more than we can ask or imagine. Frankly that is a passage I have been praying for our church since I was first appointed here. In addition I pray this for our generosity. May we express generosity abundantly more than we might ask or imagine. I do not think the YouVersion Bible Ap has been listening in on my prayers. I do think God listens when we pray. I do believe God speaks to us in many ways including though the scriptures He leads us to read. I do think God intersects our prayers, hopes and dreams with His Spirit. I do think God corrects us when we need correction. I do believe God confirms us when our hearts and minds need encouragement. So this has been a good week of searching the scriptures. It has been a week of affirmation. I pray the same grace for you. Listen for God. Peer into His Word. God continues to speak today. It's been a good day. I hope you've had a good day too. steve

No comments: