Sunday, September 1, 2013

Reflections From Sunday Evening

A basic point today was that in the midst of obedience or service and/or ministry, we encounter the Lord. If you "wish" ... Just fill in the black. I wish I had faith (or more faith). I wish I could be forgiven. I wish I was a "better" Christian. We have many wishes that relate to our spiritual lives. A great way to make our desires reality is to be engaged in obedient service. In Genesis 12 Abram went to a new land out of obedience to God's call. In the midst of his obedience the Lord appeared to him. It was then that Abram built an altar to the Lord. That would open a whole new relationship between Abram and the Lord. It happened in the context of serving. This coming Saturday we will participate in our Faith In Action day. We will be participating in Serve 13 along with United Methodist churches all over the state. I believe that as you engage in service you will discover the Lord coming to you in a fresh way. Love will increase and faith will deepen. I hope you have a good Labor Day. Today has been a good day. I hope you've had a good day too. steve

No comments: