Sunday, June 30, 2013

Reflections From Sunday Evening

We are anticipating Vacation Bible School the week of July 8-12. I took an informal survey today. When the congregation was asked who had attended VBS at some time in their life, most if not practically all hands went up. Bible School was something we did for two weeks when I was growing up. (I would not suggest that to our leaders today.) It was part of the forming of faith. I followed that by asking who had volunteered to help with Bible School at some time. Again, many hands went up. When I asked how many had done so in the past few years a smaller number of hands rose. By the time I asked everyone who planned to help this year to indicate so very few hands went up. But Pastor Ginger has taken care of it by asking everyone to pray. We are invited to pray, "Lord what would you have me do for VBS?" That is not a bad prayer for anything in the life of faith. "Lord, what would you have me do about serving, giving and responding to your call?" Will you pray? What will you pray? It's been a good day. I hope you've had a good day too. steve

No comments: