Sunday, December 20, 2009

Reflections From Sunday Evening

Wow. The music day at church was great. The choir did the cantata 3 times this weekend. Good crowds at each service - middle service this morning was pretty packed. It was a blessing.
I can't say enough good things about Walter, Nancy, Donna, Mike and everyone who participated in the choir and orchestra. Thank you so much!
But there's more. Baptized 3 adults and an infant today. Nothing better than seeing God in action. Marked for Christian discipleship - embarking on the Christian way - the life of grace becoming active in people's lives. It was a great day.
But there's more. We receieved 10 new members today. A real joy to have people follow their hearts and become part of this community of faith.
But there's more. Christmas dinner with Cindy's family. Lot's of life with happy kids running around everywhere! It really is a great time.
(I thought I had a good gift in the exchange but my brother-in-law took my gift card and stuck me with the alarm clock with the little helicopter on it!)
All in all it's been a great day.
I hope you are getting ready for the week. Our first Candlelight service will be tuesday @ 7:00. This is especially for any who will be traveling or have other commitments on Christmas Eve. I hope you will take advantage of this service.
On Christmas Eve we begin services at 3:00 followed by services at 5:00, 7:00, 9:00 and 11:00. Come sing the caroles, hear the story, share in communion and light a candle.
Looking forward to seeing you this week.
steve

No comments: