Sunday, October 11, 2009

Reflections From Sunday Evening

I love fast pased days like today. Sorry if I was talking too fast but we had lots to do and there were some things to say! When we have Christ in our hearts we are experiencing the transforming power of God. Part of the transformation is the peace of Christ in our hearts. The idea is we then are empowered to take the peace of Christ into the workplace and God will use us as agents of transformation. Pretty good news. So the peace of Christ molds our Attitudes (a get to attitude as it relates to the workplace) Ambition (do all we do as unto the Lord) and Achievement.
There was something else that happened today. It made me think of the story Jesus told about having 100 sheep and one of them wanders off. The Good Shepherd leaves the ninety-nine and goes in search of the one that was lost. It is a great story that describes the searching and finding nature of God. God came to seek and to save the least, the last and the lost.
But I digress. As I was shaking hands with people on the way out of church and extending greetings a lady said something that stopped me. She indicated she expected a call from the church. I inquired as to what the call would be related to. She said membership. I said I'm sorry and I'll take a look but by that time she was past me. I did not get her name. I don't know if she was planning to join the church today but had a miscommunication. Maybe she checked something on a connect card and felt the folllow-up was lacking. I really don't know.
What I do know is I'm going to try and find the one that I allowed to slip away. If Jesus would go in search of the one that was missing and I am a follower of Jesus there is nothing else I can do!
It really has been a great day - in spite of missing one. Now I look forward to being the one who goes to seek and find - anyone care to join me?
I hope you've had a great day.
steve

No comments: