Sunday, May 17, 2009

The Shack

In a month I begin a three-week sermon series on the book, "The Shack." Sermon 1 will be "The Wound and the Lie", sermon 2 "The Road to Redemption" and sermon 3 "The Way of Forgiveness." If you have read the book I would love to have you send me any questions you would like addressed in the series. I can't promise to get everything but your input will help. I begin working on these sermons tomorrow so go ahead and let me know what you have on your mind. If you have not read "The Shack" I invite you to do so before the series begins.

2 comments:

Denneys said...

Steve, I thoroughly enjoyed the book. I realize it is not "biblical" but the word pictures painted a wonderful possibility. I have read many of the critiques online of the book and I think the authors missed the mark. This is fiction, a work by a man, sharing what he thinks, to explain the trinity, forgiveness, dealing with hate in the world, etc. I look forward to hearing your take. Be well, God bless - DonD

Steve Breon said...

Sorry to be tardy in replying. The Shack is to be read as a metaphor. It has life changing possibilities! Looking forward to it.