Monday, April 27, 2009

Reflections From Sunday Evening

It's been some weekend. I had the opportunity to serve as spiritual director for the women's Emmaus Weekend number 31. I could name the weekend "51 Women and Me!" but that sounds way too much like a country western song. I'll just leave it at saying Joann Hummel and her team provided an opportunity for a number of people to experience the grace of God in a new and fresh way.

It is probably not the smartest thing in the world to try and do but I was also the preacher for the weekend at PWUMC. And we had a really good weekend as well. For me the highlight was the Confirmation service at the 9:30 service. I had the privilege of baptizing 4 young people and confirming 17 in the "faith and fellowship of true disciples of Jesus Christ." There is nothing that brings me more joy. My thanks to Roy and everyone who worked with our confirmation class this year.

On Friday night I slipped off from Emmaus and went to the Confirmation lock-in. I shared with the group and talked about them listening for a call from God to enter a life of ministry. Some personally sensed that God might have this in mind and then others were identified or confirmed by their peers. Six people are the focus of our prayers that God's will be done. We have 6 young people who are listening for the call of God to enter ministry!

I hope you get a sense of why this has been a really good weekend. Person after person has been touched by the Holy Spirit. Jesus Christ is more real for a number of folks this day. This is what I live for. It's been a good day. I hope you've had a good day too.

No comments: